As SoftBank Corp. previously announced in its press release dated November 14, 2022, it will discontinue its 3G services on January 31, 2024.
Customers subscribing to 3G price plans and using mobile handsets not compatible with 4G/5G services will no longer be able to use SoftBank Corp.’s mobile communication services from February 1, 2024. To continue to use SoftBank Corp.’s services, affected customers will be required to switch to price plans and mobile handsets compatible with 4G/5G.
Details of 3G service discontinuation
- Contracts subject to automatic cancellationCustomers in any of the following categories will have their subscriptions automatically cancelled (referred to as “automatic cancellation”) on February 1, 2024.
- Customers who subscribed to 3G price plans
- Contracts unable to use VoLTE services on price plans that support 4G/5G
- Customers using specific mobile handsets purchased from SoftBank Corp. that are only compatible with 3G services
- Mobile handsets or settings that will become incapable of connecting to the Internet or making callsEven if not applicable for automatic cancellation, customers using mobile handset models that do not support 4G/5G services or VoLTE services, or have certain settings on their mobile handsets (such as turning off VoLTE settings), will no longer be able to make voice calls and connect to the Internet through services provided by SoftBank Corp. To continue to use SoftBank Corp.’s mobile communication services, customers will be required to switch to 4G/5G price plans and compatible mobile handsets.