“Investor performed strongly during the second quarter. Our subsidiaries within Patricia Industries reported double-digit organic sales growth and sharply rising profits. In the current complex environment with a continued uncertain macroeconomic outlook, ensuring high flexibility and the ability to respond swiftly to rapid changes remains imperative.”
Johan Forssell, President & CEO of Investor
Highlights during the second quarter
- Adjusted net asset value (NAV) amounted to SEK 773,060m (SEK 252 per share) on June 30, 2023, an increase of SEK 62,916m, or 9 percent, with dividend added back, during the quarter. Total shareholder return amounted to 6 percent, compared to 2 percent for the SIXRX return index.
- Listed Companies generated a total return of 9 percent. Shares in Accelleron were divested for a total SEK 943 m.
- Based on estimated market values, the total return for Patricia Industries, excluding cash, amounted to 11 percent (10 percent including cash), mainly driven by strong earnings growth, followed by positive currency impact. Multiple expansion and cash flow also impacted positively, but to a lesser extent.
- Within Patricia Industries, sales growth for the major subsidiaries amounted to 22 percent, of which 13 percent organically in constant currency. Reported EBITA grew 40 percent and adjusted EBITA grew 34 percent.
- Mölnlycke reported organic sales growth of 6 percent in constant currency. The EBITA margin improved.
- The value change of Investments in EQT was 3 percent. Net cash flow to Investor amounted to SEK 536m.
- Leverage was 1.7 percent as of June 30, 2023 (1.5 percent as of December 31, 2022). Gross cash amounted to SEK 27,491m and the average maturity of Investor AB’s debt portfolio was 11.3 years on June 30, 2023.
This disclosure contains information that Investor is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014) and the Swedish Securities Markets Act (2007:528). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 17-07-2023 12:00 CET.
This information is information that Investor AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 12:00 CET on July 17, 2023.
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family in 1916, is an engaged owner of high quality global companies. We have a long-term investment perspective. Through board participation, as well as industrial experience, our network and financial strength, we work continuously to support our companies to remain or become best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Mölnlycke and SEB.