Morgan Stanley at Work announced a series of technology enhancements that drive increased automation and efficiency across a widening ecosystem of workplace benefits solutions for equity compensation, retirement, deferred compensation, executive services, saving and giving, and financial wellness.
Morgan Stanley at Work platforms Equity Edge Online® (EEO) and Shareworks together serve roughly 40% of the S&P 500 in the US.1 Enhancements to EEO include:
- Redesigned and updated stock plan participant accounts now have Morgan Stanley at Work as their primary brand for a more unified and streamlined experience, moving toward a single Morgan Stanley at Work user account structure.
- Plan administrators can now upload foreign exchange rates by equity type and store local currency converted income and withholding amounts at the transaction level, allowing for automated reporting to internal business partners in both USD and local currency denominations.
- Expanded workflow functionality now includes workflow templates that let administrators create workflows and incorporate their unique internal processes. Workflows can also be scheduled to run automatically at regular intervals.
- Applying scheduled blackouts at the participant group level, which allows for dynamic changes when participants move in or out of company defined parameters.
And on the Shareworks platform:
- Updates to performance and security controls offer time savings and streamlined plan servicing, including enhanced trade controls for greater granularity, auditability, and more concise participant messaging.
- New Selling Shares experience gives qualifying US participants the capability to transfer shares directly from their online accounts and designate the transfer as a personal transaction, a gift or a charitable contribution.
- For plan administrators, more advanced performance and termination rules in the Shareworks rule engine and updates to the employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) module allow for greater plan customization in resetting or editing ESPP enrollment activities.
- Additionally, enhancements to core ad hoc data sources and files have streamlined daily operational processes such as cash reconciliation.
“Amid continued economic uncertainty, organizations across the world are faced with the daunting task of doing more with less. In these types of challenging operating environments, digital solutions become key to drive efficiency and connect with participants in meaningful ways,” said Mark Mitchell, Chief Product Officer of Morgan Stanley at Work. “Our ongoing mission remains to unify our tools and capabilities into a single user account structure that will enrich the user experience and help both companies and their employees expand how they manage their financial lives.”
About Morgan Stanley at Work
Morgan Stanley at Work offers a suite of financial solutions, which spans Equity Compensation through Shareworks and E*TRADE Equity Edge Online, Retirement and Financial Wellness Solutions. Morgan Stanley at Work combines cutting-edge planning and Morgan Stanley intellectual capital and financial education delivered through multiple channels to enable employees to build a holistic plan to achieve their financial goals. Securities products and services are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC, Member SIPC. In connection with stock plan solutions offered by Morgan Stanley at Work, E*TRADE Securities LLC and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC provide brokerage services to stock plan participants. E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. and E*TRADE Securities LLC are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley.
About Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is a leading financial services firm that provides access to a wide range of products and services to individuals, businesses, and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, cash management and lending products and services, annuities and insurance, retirement, and trust services.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.